Ain’t it pretty? Isabella Snow did a kick-ass job with the new design, and she jumped through about a billion hoops to get everything up and running. Feel free to poke around, kick the tires—and be sure to alert me in Comments if you see anything funky. There could be a hidden glitch or two, but if you don’t tell me I may never find it.
As part of the redesign, several things have changed:
- Four handy buttons have been added on the top right, for Feedburner, Twitter, Facebook, and subscriptions.
- Even if you’re not on Twitter, you’ll be able to see my most recent tweets in the far-right sidebar.
- There are categories listed in the sidebar! These are based on the labels I assign to each post (things like baking, snack, and Parents Need to Eat, Too) .
- If you’d rather browse recipes by course, there’s a Recipe Index button on the top menu.
- There’ll be no more “continue reading” button breaking up my posts—the home page may run a little long, but you’ll be able to read entire posts without a click.
- Each post now has a “share/save” that gives you a bajillion different ways to hang on to a recipe you’d like to try.
One sad development came from switching my Comments back to Blogger: Five years of Haloscan-based comments no longer appear on the blog. So, for example, the lively discussion attached to the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie in the Entire World, ongoing for four years (as much about my casual use of the F-word at the end of the post as how great those cookies are): Gone. Poof. Into thin air. I’m pretty sure I can still see the comments if I log on to Haloscan, but nobody else can. Sigh. What does this mean? You must start leaving comments, now! Old posts, new posts, comment away. I’ve come across a good deal of spam comments in my older posts, and I’ll be eliminating them as quickly as I can—silly old Blogger only allows me to delete them individually, so it’s taking forevah. But I’m on it.
So that’s it. Words to Eat By is new and improved. Welcome. And I’d love to hear what you think.
This Post Has 8 Comments
Sorry you lost your comments, but it looks great! I love the new look!
Honestly? I love it. 😉
It's beautiful! Great job Isabella!!!! I'm so jealous!
I REALLY LIKE the new look! I can relate to the problems of switching bloggers… I went from Nucleus to WordPress last year and lost all my PHOTOS! I was able to download them, but I have to reattach them to their post one-at-a-time. Needless to say, there are still a whole lot not there! 🙂
Anyway – looks FABULOUS!!! *(Except I miss seeing your face when I stop by!)
Congrats Debbie! The new site looks great. Sorry about the comments. I think I may have made one years ago about Big Audio Dynamite. So there you go. –Deborah
psst, your twitter @ comments are showing up on the sidebar, did you want that?
Debbie I LOVE it! Beautiful design!
Thanks for the love, all! Nobody's got any issues? Yippeee!
And anonymous, yes I did mean for my most recent tweets to show up there. Thanks for your concern, though.