I’m cooking tomorrow, the first time ever. Gulp. On the menu:
- Turkey & gravy (duh). I think I’ll follow Bittman’s instructions from How to Cook Everything, unless someone else has a better idea? I’m all ears…
- Whole Wheat Stuffing with Pancetta, Chestnuts, and Parmesan: Pretty sure it’s the unkosherest thing I’ll ever cook.
- Roast Butternut, Apples & Shallots.
- Pumpkin Praline Pie from Cook’s Country (subscription required)
- Chocolate Pudding Pie, only because I screwed up the crust for the Pumpkin Praline Pie and had to start over, which left me with an empty, baked pie crust.
Our friends are bringing a green salad, a mashed potato-leek dish, and wine.
The best part? We get to stuff ourselves silly, and then do it all again at my parents’ on Friday. Since my married brothers are going to their in-laws on the actual day and my folks wanted to get us all together, we postponed our big, official Thanksgiving by one day.
On Saturday, I will make like The Very Hungry Caterpillar and eat one nice green leaf. After that I will feel much better.