Oprah’s web site posted my recipe for Hail Mary Pasta, the one from my cookbook! WHOA. I can totally see it: One night, the Lady O herself was sweating bullets that Stedman was on his way home when she hadn’t even started dinner yet, so she tossed some vegs into the oven & put on water for pasta…
Oprah and I, we’re so alike.
If you’re visiting from Oprah, here are some (semi-) interesting things about me and my blog:
- I have several mottos:
- Authentic, shmauthentic, we just want to eat. I use a lot of international flavors, but they ain’t necessarily used the way your Italian/Chinese/Indian grandma intended.
- Cook once, feed everyone. Your baby can and should eat what you’re eating! That’s why all my recipes end with a section called “Make Baby Food“—you’re already cooking for yourself, so why not introduce your infant to exciting new flavors at the same time?
- A good hot dog is worth traveling for.
- I wrote a cookbook, also called Parents Need to Eat Too, but with the addition of a snappy subtitle: Nap-Friendly Recipes, One-Handed Meals, and Time-Saving Kitchen Tricks for New Parents. It took longer to write than it did to make my adorable son-child.
- My son, Harry, is quite adorable, yes, but he’s also driving me bananas with the picky. Seriously, the kid’s Will-Eat list would fit on a toenail clipping. (Is that gross? It’s probably gross.)
- Hands down, the most popular recipe on this blog is for my chocolate chip cookies. I named them The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Entire World, and I wasn’t kidding.
- Second-most-popular: Red Wine Braised Short Ribs of Beef, aka Ohmygod Slow Cooker Short Ribs. I dare you to try them and not moan in an almost sexual way.
This Post Has 4 Comments
Woo, you’ve hit the big time, lady! Congrats!
Thanks, Amy! Things were pretty exciting there for a bit–I’m calmer now 😉
I have been looking for this my whole life . Or, well, actually – ever since I had kids. It just seems like forever. (Kids can make things feel that way, dontcha think?!)
But, really, I am sitting in an airport, reading Your site an I can’t wait to get home and buy the cookbook. With a two year old and a 8 month old, I need all the kitchen help I can get!!!!
Aww shucks, Andi, thanks! I love picturing you–ok, anyone–sitting in the airport reading my site. Made my day! Safe travels.